LOMBO POCKET WATCH (AUS)
JET LAAG (USA) x MISTY MAIDEN (WINDSHIELD WIPER USA)
Service Fee $1,500 (inc gst) - Pay on 42 day test
Winner of over $1.5 million prizemoney
SERVICE FEE $1,500.00 -
LOMBO POCKET WATCH, dubbed the ‘Grey Bullet’, won a remarkable 12 Group 1 races including the two-year-old Breeders Crown, Bathurst Gold Crown, the two and three-year-old Vicbred Super Series titles and the Victoria and Australian Derbies, earning just over $1.5 million in prizemoney.
As a sire LOMBO POCKET WATCH has left 61 individual winners from 98 starters – a stunning 62 percent strike rate and his progeny has earned just over $2.4 million – an average of $24,000 per starter.
His progeny include:
· Clancys Fobwatch (1:49.8), the winner of 25 races and $235,165
· The Black Assassin 1:54.1 ($197,615)
· Call Her Julie 1:56.2 ($172,428), 21 wins incl. SA Golden Nursery and Tas. George Johnson
· Timely Sovereign 1:52.5 ($116,744), 14 wins incl. Tas. Raider Stakes
· Magic Moment Lombo 1:57.4 ($84,182) 11 wins
· Clockon Doc Lombo 1:54.5 ($79,836) 14 wins
· Time Keepa Lombo 1:54 ($79,031) 10 wins
· Willem 1:56 ($66,380) 10 wins
· Kinda Black 1:54.6 ($65,436) 11 wins
· Lord Platinum 1:56.1, 5 wins incl. WA 3YO Sales Classic
LOMBO POCKET WATCH in winning the 2007 Australian Derby at Launceston emulated his dam Misty Maiden who won the Group 1 classic 15 years earlier.
He was the only two-year-old to be ever crowned Australian Horse of the Year and Australia’s first three-year-old millionaire.
LOMBO POCKET WATCH’s dam Misty Maiden was crowned 3YO of the Year in 1992 and later became Australian Broodmare of the Year in 2006. Misty Maiden left nine winners from 10 foals to race and, besides LOMBO POCKET WATCH, she is also the dam of Bachelor Lombo (1:55.5), the winner of 14 races and $103,650 in prizemoney.
LOMBO POCKET WATCH’s grand-dam is the Smooth Fella mare Smooth Gale who won 14 races including the Group 2 WA Silver Bracelet as a two-year-old.
LOMBO POCKET WATCH is a member of the famed Bessie B family, to which the Kiwi champion Terror To Love, Preux Chevalier, Suave Stuey Lombo, Lombo La Fe Fe and star WA pacer Beaudiene Boaz also belong.
In matching your mares with LOMBO POCKET WATCH, daughters of Village Jasper offer a 4m x 4f cross of Abercrombie. Other good matches include mares by Classic Garry and mares carrying the blood of Falcon Seelster.